T'is the Season to be Jolly



T'is The Season to be Jolly




This is the season to be jolly, or happy, joyous and celebrative of the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Believe me it has only been over the past few years that I have been joyous, most of the Christmas’ past have been miserable.  Nonetheless, I am the one who made them miserable, just being stupid and worldly, and in doing so, I made not only myself miserable but also everyone around me. 

Now with that experience (bad as it seems), I can speak with some degree of confidence and remorse about celebrating Christmas.  You do not have to make signs “the reason for the season”, or “Keep Christ in Christmas” just simply live your convictions.  I do not engage in the argument of, “December 25th is not the day Jesus was born”, or How many wise men was really there?, not to mention the involvement of the church at Rome as to reasons of setting the day of December 25th

Wow no wonder I have been so screwed up!, trying to argue an argument that is not even an argument, but rather to trouble the trouble with trouble!

While being the program Director/Pastor/Counselor, at the Wilderness Deliverance Camp, a faith based recovery program, I listened to the morning devotional time nearly every morning, and that is just one of the thing that they said.  What it means is I will trouble whatever is troubling me with trouble, (the Word of God).
  
Of course, celebrating the birth of Jesus is a man-created time of celebration, which became a tradition of the church and Christianity, just as the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus over the Easter holiday.  Jesus instituted his memorial and told us to partake and celebrate it as an ordinance of the church, or a sacrament in some faiths.  Therefore, Easter and Christmas are yes, man established celebrations; the “special celebration” is the Lords Supper his memorial “Do this in Remembrance of Me”, but we as Christians should remember him every day and celebrate Jesus every day.
   
The celebration holiday of Christmas, is for us … family, friends, and our church family to celebrate in Jesus, his coming into the world, (His coming into the world, for a specific purpose)…for my sin --- your sin --- the sin of the world.  We celebrate His birthday (coming into this world as a little baby, our salvation).

The joy of it all, for those of us who have Him in our hearts, it is truly a time to celebrate the greatest gift to mankind. 

Oh, and this thing about St. Nicolas, Santa Claus, and the giving of gifts, that is okay to, oh yeah, he was a Christian, but the thing he did was giving of gifts to the poor and children.  If that is the spirit in which you would like to celebrate then by all means do so, gifts and the giving of gifts, from the time of the Wise Men of the east, giving gifts to the then baby of about two years old.
   
On the other hand, perhaps by giving a gift brings home the gift God gave to us.  Just don’t let the world get you down because you can’t afford to give like some people give.  Give what you can afford, don’t go into debt, or get it by illegal means, don’t let the devil make it a mind thing, or a guilt thing, just trouble that trouble with the trouble of Christ.  Let the joy of the Lord reign high in your heart and mind.

In this day, when you go shopping or to the bank or where ever it may be, most of the time (especially grocery, and Wal-Mart, K-Mart), the clerks, at times, don’t even act like your even there, and seldom say thank you, but I say it for them, Thank you.  Many places of business actually have adopted policies not to say “Merry Christmas”; no more trouble for me, I give them trouble, and simply say have a very Merry Christmas.  Many times, it sparks a positive response, and they wish me a Merry Christmas. 

I guess I just ripened with age, stopped fretting over the “War on Christmas”, if it offends the world, that is okay with me, if I am not politically correct, that is okay as well, if the heathens don’t want to celebrate the holiday, no one is making them, they don’t have to, but don’t trouble me with your trouble.  I don’t have to celebrate Atheist day, or journey to Mecca to celebrate a false prophet, I don’t have to celebrate darkness with the heathens.  Nevertheless, they will not use their trouble to trouble me, (steal my joy), I will trouble their trouble with my joy.

To all of you,


Have a very Merry Christmas … filled with joy.

    R.S.Helms

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God or HAARP?

Mind Control is Real ...

Nothing but LAB-RATS